Romanian Collie Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ear taping

3 posters

Go down

Ear taping Empty Ear taping

Post  Spiritwind82 Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:03 pm

Just wondering if it is common for breeders to tape/brace ears on Collie puppies (and sheltie pups) in other parts of the world like they do in the US and Canada?? The dogs all seem to have nice tipped ears, but I've never seen pictures of puppies with taped ears or anyone talking about bracing the ears on the pups... so I was just curious....

I tape my dogs ears as pups, but for the most part I don't typically have to keep them taped long (some breeders will tape ears till the dog is over a year old and still have bad ears) Amy's brothers Aiden and Andy have pretty much natural ears.. they hardly had anything done to them as pups.. not that I didn't try to tape them, but they wouldnt leave the tape in more than a hour most of the time.. they would pull the tape from eachothers ears.... and they both have great ears now....

Just curious...

Ear taping Rkrlw4
Amy - 4 month old rough with braced/taped ears..

Ear taping Ehf90i
Ben - 3 month old smooth with braced/taped ears..
Spiritwind82
Spiritwind82

Number of posts : 81
Localizare : North Carolina, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/spiritwind

Back to top Go down

Ear taping Empty Re: Ear taping

Post  SAL Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:26 pm

nope no taping here sorry Very Happy

SAL

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  socrafty Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 am

What causes the natural tip in some dogs ears and yet not cause tipping in others? Is the non-tipping a defect?

socrafty

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum