Romanian Collie Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA

5 posters

Go down

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Empty picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA

Post  Spiritwind82 Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Pictures of some of my Collies.... I've had Collies for just over 13 yrs. I've had roughs the entire time but I got my first smooth in 2001....

My very first collie that I got in 1994 was of course named Laddie, he was a rough tri male. He was VERY much a pet, not show quality, but true collie in temperament, heart and soul! I was 12yrs old when I got him..... now 25yrs old, he was the start of it all for me....
Here is Laddie..
picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA A2yxc4
3yrs old

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Wlq540
8yrs old

Laddie died of old age at 12 1/2 (Feb 2007). He was a VERY large male.. 80-85lbs lean, 26" tall at the shoulders. He was also my first agility dog in his younger years, and he got me into showing thru the local 4-H clubs.... since he wasn't show quality to show in AKC.

I had a few other dogs along with Laddie, and did have a few I showed in conformation from time to time, but didn't get my first truly good start with AKC conformation until I bought Ben - CH Apple Valley Shades Of Blue.

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 2wexxxy
picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 24g3ioh
CH Apple Valley Shades Of Blue - my first champion
(CH Capella's Midnight Blues, ROM x Apple valley Abigail)

about 6 months after I bought Ben, I got Angie from a breeder friend of mine...

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 2eo8sgl
picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 20jhklt

Angie - Tomelle's Painted Angel, OFA
(ptd. Tomelles Moonlit Summer Nite x Tomelle's Blue Christmas)
- my foundation bitch. She is behind almost every dog I have right now.

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 2m6x2jt

Zack - CH HawkEire Flyin Without Wings
(CH Fantasy's Touched By An Angel x CH HawkEire Bo-Dandy Venture, ROM)
- he was my male foundation sire, though he was not the first male I bought, he was the one that really helped me get the look I was going for. He is behind every single dog I currently own, except for my 7yr old smooth blue dog.

Angie was bred to Zack and produced:

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Rlj691
Spiritwind Ain't No Angel - Kelsey (bred/owned by me) and also

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 2aje2qs
Paris
picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 34od5cj
CH Spiritwind Barely An Angel - Paris (bred/owned by me) In this litter was also

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 116l213
Can. CH Armitage Spiritwind Stolen Halo - Lindsay - bred by me, owned by Neweyes Collies in Canada. Also in this litter was a rough sable merle male that went to a pet home... though he was just as beautiful!..

In 2006 I leased a rough tri bitch from a breeder friend of mine and bred her to Zack to get Lucy...

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Hwa74o
Ptd. Spiritwind Rumor Has It
(CH HawkEire Flyin Without Wings x Armitage Godiva) there is also a rough sable bitch from this litter in a show home as well as another smooth tri bitch in a show home.

In 2006 Kelsey was then bred to CH Winover Debonair a beautiful rough pure for sable dog who was tightly bred on CH Tartanside's Th'Critics Choice, ROM and she produced....

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 2ajrmzm
Amy - Spiritwind Amaretto - pictured at 4 months old
(CH Winover Debonair x Spiritwind Ain't No Angel)

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Fawgw5
- Amy at 18 months of age

Also there were Amy's 2 brothers....

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 33f9rx1
Aiden - Spiritwind Vision Quest - bred/owned by me and living here and also....

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 2dt6vbt
Andy - Spiritwind Visionary - no living in Finland! watch for him in the ring!

and then most recently is my 2008 litter... Kelsey was bred to CH Apple Valley Shades Of Blue to give me these babies born June 9th.

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA 10dv14y
rough and smooth babies born June 9, 2008
Spiritwind82
Spiritwind82

Number of posts : 81
Localizare : North Carolina, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/spiritwind

Back to top Go down

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Empty Re: picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA

Post  colliemerles Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:35 pm

thank you for sharing your pictures of your collies,,all of them gorgeous,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have pictures of our collies from 25 years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,, our first was a tri called bonnie,,,,,,,,,,,,
colliemerles
colliemerles

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Empty Re: picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA

Post  Olivia Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:44 pm

You've got lovely Collies, spiritwind, and I find Laddie just gorgeous, no matter he wasn't a showdog. And, funny thing, did you notice we have pups of almost same age? Mine were born on 8.06 and yours just the next day, would be lovely to post pictures at the same age and see how each line develops.... I plan to do my next pics as soon as they'll be 2 weeks old. What about you? Very Happy
Olivia
Olivia

Number of posts : 198
Localizare : Timisoara/Romania

http://www.collie.ro

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiritwind82 Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Olivia wrote:You've got lovely Collies, spiritwind, and I find Laddie just gorgeous, no matter he wasn't a showdog. And, funny thing, did you notice we have pups of almost same age? Mine were born on 8.06 and yours just the next day, would be lovely to post pictures at the same age and see how each line develops.... I plan to do my next pics as soon as they'll be 2 weeks old. What about you? Very Happy

Thanks Olivia!

Laddie was a good looking boy!! Far from show quality (his ears didn't even stand up, but he was my first collie, I had no idea about taping and bracing ears at the time LOL) But he was a great dog, loyal and protective of me.. he LOVED puppies.. here is a picture of Kelsey as a 7-8 wk old pup playing tug with Laddie... this was fall 2004 so Laddie would have been 10yrs old in this picture.

picture history of Spiritwind Collies - USA Dvol68

In his younger days he did agility and was very good... he gave those border collies some tough competition!!

Thats neat about having litters so close in age... I too will post the next pictures when the babies will be 2 wks old, which will be Monday... so we can compare the two litters! Good idea! will be fun to see how different lines mature and develop..

Janna
Spiritwind82
Spiritwind82

Number of posts : 81
Localizare : North Carolina, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/spiritwind

Back to top Go down

Post  giodis Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am

now we are really worldwide
giodis
giodis

Number of posts : 59
Localizare : italy

http://www.edwardscollies.it

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Ahhh I love the smooth collies, they are the so gorgeous Very Happy
muppet
muppet

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down